Total Pageviews

Monday, March 15, 2010

Springtime Project

It's been a rough two weeks!!  The last time I posted I said I thought Reid had a stomach bug...I was definitely right.  Two days later, I was curled up in the bathroom every hour for about 9 hours, & a couple more times over the next couple days.  About an hour later, it was Nick's turn:) So the next day we just layed on the couch all day & were taken care of....no, not exactly!  I was so weak the next day I could barely hold Reid.  My mom offered to come, but I didn't want her to get it.  This was my first time to be sick where I had to take care of someone else.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I was even sick.  Needless to say, we made it, we're alive, & that's all that matters.  Reid is still not completely back to his normal self.  The last few days have been a lot better, though.  I managed to capture some of those happy times:



My goal is to get our back yard looking really good by Reid's birthday.  This has been my goal for many months now, but we couldn't exactly start in the dead of winter.  First, let me explain that our back yard is not your typical grassy yard with a fence.  The way that the houses are laid on either side of us leaves us with a small wooded/funky area.  It definitely has potential though.  A good friend of ours is a landscape architect, & he gave us some advice on what to do to make it a functioning back yard that Reid can play in one day.  It's just gonna take some time...& money of course.  We started clearing out some dead trees & bushes last weekend before we got sick.  Nick pressure washed the deck on Saturday, which made a huge difference.  He is going to start staining it this week.  I'm having an outdoor table made by the Real McCoy in Purvis that I'm excited about.  It should be ready within a week or so, & we can get rid of our red neck plastic one;)  Here are a few pictures I took today so you can get an idea of what we're working with.  It looks pretty messy back there since we haven't hauled off all the piles yet.




We won't be able to get it all done by his birthday, but we will definitely have it looking a lot better.



We took Reid to the neighborhood playground yesterday since the weather was so nice. 



Here is Nick showing off his superhuman strength;)



Swinging with Reid:)




Here is a picture of Reid & sweet little Chapel last night at small group.  She just turned two & they are the same size! 


2 comments:

  1. Glad yall are feeling better! Love the pic of Reid in the bathtub :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful Lauren!! Glad you guys are over it! I want to know more about this guy in Purvis, I want a new outdoor table too!

    ReplyDelete