Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Eight

It started with a "Lovie".  A small, blue blanket with a bunny head on the end.  Reid use to crawl around all over the house with the tag end in his mouth.  

Then one night I pulled a random blanket out of his drawer to cover him up while he was sleeping in his crib so he wouldn't be cold.  I can't remember if it was the following morning, but within a few days, he had 2 attachments..."bunny" & random yellow blanket. 

On another occasion while he was sleeping, maybe a few weeks later, I was worried he might get cold.  The yellow blanket was all tangled underneath him, so I grabbed the first blanket I saw in his drawer & covered him up.  Mistake.  This blanket, also yellow, would now join the other attachments to make number 3. 

 It was cute until the first time we traveled anywhere, or he went to go stay with his grandparents.  We needed a separate bag for the attachments.  I have a back up bunny that I kept in a drawer.  This was found, & became #4.  For a while, we could get away with hiding the extra bunny, but lately I'll hear, "Where's my nother one bunny?"  

Reid's aunt gave him a small stuffed Mickey Mouse for Christmas.  I put it in his room in a canvas barrel that I have other stuffed animals in.  Can you guess?  #5!  

And finally, Nick came home from being out of town last weekend & brought Reid a package from the Disney store that had 2 cars in it from the movie Cars.  He fell in love with these cars, would not put them down, found another car that he already had that was similar, & they now have joined the rest of the team of attachments.  Every morning when he comes to the bar for breakfast, for lunch, & for dinner, plus whenever he is in his bead, these 8 things have to be with him.  

 You can see 6 of them here

I was at a Children's shop a couple weekends ago & was really close to buying a "blanket lovie".  It was so cute, so soft, & looked like his original "bunny", but was the size of a small blanket.  My thinking was, "Maybe he'll love this, & I can secretly get rid of all the others, & he'll only have 1 thing!"  Thankfully I came to my senses, because you KNOW that would have just joined the others.  Let's just hope 8 is the final number!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, I think its so sweet!! My boys have blankies and the back-ups have been found and are in the collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Jackson has a blankie that he loves. One of the ladies that I worked with in Austin made it for him. And Amanda got the twins blankets that they sleep with. Anderson LOVES his and would go everywhere with it if I let him.

    ReplyDelete