Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

That Vacation

The three of us went to Seagrove a few weeks ago for our little family vacation.  Reid woke up with a fever the morning we left.  I should have taken that as a sign of how the rest of the trip would go!  Overall, we had fun, but it was interesting to say the least.  The hurricane like weather didn't help much either.  Through my (hormonal) emotional tears (a whole other story;)), Nick promised me we would would try to take another trip later this summer.  Bless that man.  Without going into details, the trip did bring to light some things about Reid that I am going to have to learn to handle the right way.  I love that boy, but easy going & laid back he is not.  I have this book sitting beside me as I type this:)

I didn't take a ton of pictures, but here are the ones I did get.  We were able to get professional pictures taken early one morning in Rosemary before the rain came, but they aren't ready yet.  Those should be interesting too.  After staying up really late the night before, trying to get Reid to crack a smile at 8:30 in the morning was impossible.  We were definitely the most annoying people on the beach!  You could have bribed him with an entire cake all to himself & he wouldn't have smiled.









He was way too into his ice cream to care about a photo



My best friend Ashley happened to be there at the same time, so we were able to spend some time with them, which was a lot of fun.

Reid & Gunner

Reid, Gunner & Parker

In a bad mood, completely under the towel


Playing in Seaside







We saw this picture at a restaurant, & I thought it freakishly looked like Reid!



We ended up getting one really pretty day




I truly am thankful we got to go at all.  I know not every vacation can live up to your expectations;)

2 comments:

  1. We quit calling trips with kids a "vacation" a few years ago! We only call a grown ups only trip a vacation. All other trips are referred to as "family trips." It doesn't mean they can't be fun or full of good memories, but it does help keep our expectations realistic! We don't expect to do much relaxing on family trips! :) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm looking at that picture at the resturant again. And it does look like Reid. But when I first saw it I thought that little pink thing was a bow in the top of a little girl's head and it was a ponytail going down the mother's arm.

    ReplyDelete