With Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & most blogs, isn't that what we see...the highlight reel of people's lives? The happy moments, the achievements, the vacations, & the still shots that seem like all is right in the world. The truth is, no ones life is always as it "looks." I know this truth, but find myself forgetting it at times. In our weak & vulnerable moments, isn't it easy to look at our friend, neighbor, or any random"friend" on Facebook & think they have it all? When in reality, they may be struggling with their own battles & thinking the same thing about others. You just don't see their battles & hard times. I'm not sure why I'm saying all of this. I guess it's just been on my mind a lot lately. In between this highlight reel of pictures from what we've been up to over the last couple of months has been a lot of hard days. I mean, let's be real...the past 2 years have been a roller coaster of emotions, but God is restoring our hearts slowly & teaching us so much in the process. I realize that without struggles in our lives, it would be too easy to forget about our need for Him. And when I say I need Him, that is an understatement!
So, here are the highlights, & the times I am so thankful for.
You never know how you will find this boy sleeping when we go in to check on him
Those are his feet under the pillow
Learning to button his clothes. And yes, Nick is flexing. Vince looks scared.
We've been going to physical therapy every Friday since November for his toe walking. It's hard to tell if it's making much of a difference. He loves going, but sometimes it's hard to get him to focus & not goof off;)
A trip to the Jackson Zoo a few weeks ago
Lots of this. We are very fortunate to have about 7 parks within a few miles of our house, & we hit them up frequently.
Which equals this on a lot of days
We visited family over spring break & got in lots of cousin playing time. These two are hilarious together. I wish I could record their conversations.
I took Reid & his friend Lila Jane to see the Easter Bunny at the mall.
Look at these two when Reid was 7 days old!
We went to a wedding & had a really fun date night
Nick & Reid had a "dude's weekend" when I went out of town to visit a friend. Saturday consisted of milkshakes at Brent's Drugs
A visit to the Capitol Museum
And to see the Clydesdale horses that were in town for a parade
Heading to his class Easter party & egg hunt
Reid's first time holding a baby:) Precious "Brantley Andrews" who belongs to our good friends Ike & Brandy
And finally, our built ins are complete! I've been talking about how bad we needed these for years now. The amount of storage it adds to our house is amazing. I was going to take pictures of the insides so you could see, but I will spare you. I think our TV shrunk;)

.jpg)








.jpg)










I love the new built in!! It looks awesome!!! I feel the same way about facebook/blogs. sometimes it just seems like other people really "have it together" or have it all! or their life seems so fun or they seem so happy! I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I know though that like you said we all have hard times and it is so just a short glimpse of reality and no one posts pictures of them selves in their pjs at 3 in the afternoon eating junk food on the couch ha! not that I ever do that :)
ReplyDelete