Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

Steppin' Out

I hate when I go this long in between posts.  I get anxiety every time I think about posting.  So now I'm finally catching up!  Nothing too exciting has been happening around here.  Reid got a 24 hour stomach bug last week, Nick & I went to the USM game in New Orleans with friends last weekend, Reid had some sort of cold when we got back, & then I got an awful sinus infection that is finally starting to clear up.  Jealous?  It's been fun around here;)
Reid turned 18 months on Thursday.  I cannot believe my little baby is so big.  Nick & I still go in his room every night & just look at him while he's asleep.  Yes, he is a handful & NEVER stops, but I wouldn't trade that for anything.  I am so thankful for exactly the way God created him, & for a happy, healthy baby.  I know I probably take that for granted sometimes.  Here are some pictures I got of him on Friday...






This child has the WIDEST feet in America.  I have the hardest time finding shoes to fit them...and that don't cost cost a fortune.  I've been looking for boots for months now.  I didn't care whether they were Ugg types or cowboy boots, I just wanted him to have some for the winter.  So far the only one I was able to squeeze that foot into cost WAY too much for an 18 month old.  But I finally found some today!  I was so excited!  They zip up the side, so I guess that's why they worked.

This one cracks me up!

Ok, totally different subject, but I just thought I should share.  After a very convicting sermon yesterday at church, I have committed myself (& telling you this keeps me accountable even more) to getting up before everyone else in the morning to spend time with God, praying & reading his Word.  I've been pretty consistent about reading the Bible for a while now, but the times I pick are not always "quiet", & I feel like I could be missing out on so much that God wants to show me & teach me by being too lazy to get out of the bed a little earlier.  So, no more excuses!

This morning's quiet time spoke right to me.  Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts through Christ Jesus."

God wants us to come to Him for our prayers & requests.  Nothing is too big or too small for Him.  He may not give us an answer right away, but He promises to give us peace about the issue...a peace that is beyond our understanding.  He can make us content regardless of the situation surrounding us. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Reid's turkey outfit. I feel your pain with the shoes- Jackson wears a 9.5 extra wide. The only place in Hattiesburg that I can find them is at Head of Heels/Imagination Station. Congrats on your quiet time! That's a pretty big accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at the boots and diapers pictures. So funny.

    ReplyDelete