I was so excited when I found this chair at Repeat Street (a consignment store in Ridgeland). I love the look of these chairs, but they're usually pretty pricey. I immediately pictured the way I wanted it. Here is the before...

And here is the after....



It's by no means perfect! The back & the arms were fairly easy to recover, but the seat was very tricky. I ended up just having to kind of stuff the burlap down around the arms & legs. I still love the way it looks though. I'm putting it in our room at the desk that doubles as my bedside table.
I originally saw these cork/bulletin boards in the Ballard Designs magazine. I loved them, & I knew they would be super easy to make.

I had a canvas that I painted at Easely Amused that I was about to get rid of, so I used that for the back part. I bought a large cork board from Hobby Lobby & cut it to fit the canvas. The burlap & the furniture tacks were also from Hobby Lobby. I cut the burlap large enough so it would wrap around the cork & the canvas, used a staple gun to secure the fabric on the back, & just pushed the tacks into the cork every couple inches. I gave this one to my sister in law for her birthday.

These I did for one of the shelves in my kitchen. For the bigger one I just wrapped the burlap around the remaining cork board that I bought. The smaller one is a piece of wood I had in my garage.

Obviously I am into burlap right now;).



Girl, you are seriously Martha Stewart! I LOVE it!! This really makes me wish I was crafty and creative like you! :)
ReplyDeleteThey look great!! I need your eye while trying to come up with a nursery right now...sigh
ReplyDeleteHey Lauren!
ReplyDeleteThis is Katey Overstreet. Love reading about your sweet family! I am a blogger and I love to read them and post but I'm terrible at commenting. I had to comment on this though! You are so creative. I've got a big bag of burlap sitting in a closet that I might have to put to use. Thanks for the inspiration!
LOVE the Chair...and I'm loving burlap right now too!!
ReplyDelete