Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summertime so far

I have no good excuse for my lack of blogging.  I'm gonna try to start doing a better job!

So far, we have really been enjoying our summer.  Reid loves the pool, but does not understand yet that his floaties would help hold him up, so he holds on to me for dear life.  He likes to jump to me off the side no less than 75 times in a row;)  When we're not at the pool, we've been hanging out at friend's houses, cooking out with friends, going to the bookstore & playing with the "wain" table, or sweating it out in the back yard.  He started back Mother's Morning Out last week.  He's only going one morning a week during the summer.  He has a blast after about 1 minute of crying, & it's really nice to have a few hours to get some things done.  Here he is on his first day.




I started going to a bible study on Friday mornings from 9-11.  We are doing the Beth Moore Patriarchs study, which is really good!  I am learning so much more than I ever would just reading the bible on my own.

 
We meet in the church offices, so Reid comes with me & there are a few baby-sitters that keep the kids in one of the rooms.  It's worked out great.

A couple of weeks ago I came home from running errands to find this.  Reid was dead serious following Nick around with that lawnmower.  He made every move Nick would make.  Probably one of the cutest things I have ever seen:)





Look at the change from just last September!



We went to a Braves game one Friday night.  We got there around 6:30 & Reid literally did not stop moving until the fireworks show at 10:15.  His head looked like he had gotten straight out of the bath tub.  

I think we'll take a break from baseball games for a little while;)

I thought it would be fun to do a Father's Day craft one day.  I was wrong.  It was more of a disaster.  I simply wanted to get a hand & foot print on a piece of white paper that I could frame.  Reid freaked out when I stuck his hand in the paint?!  The towels I layed down did nothing.  Paint was everywhere, Vince got the wrath from me because he would not get out of our way (sorry buddy), & I'm pretty sure I said...out loud a few times..."we will never do this again!"  Ha!  My patience seemed to leave me just briefly there;)



As you can see, Reid has FINALLY started to acknowledge the camera & actually smile, or make a face.  He may just be sick of me & mocking me, but either way, I really appreciate it.






Father's Day morning

 I'm not sure what these faces are about


Leaving church



That evening we drove to my parents & had a red neck party in their back yard!  Reid was in heaven.  It's so much fun to get all the cousins together now.  They all play so good together.










Notice the wedgie




I hope everyone else is having a great summer!



2 comments:

  1. How fun! I absolutely adore the pics of them mowing the yard. Those definitely deserve a frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. REid is soooo adorable Lauren!! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete