Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lately

For some reason I have not been as motivated to blog.  Probably the sweltering heat!  The biggest news going on around here is Nick & I had our first "interview" last week for The Help.  A guy that runs this news website contacted me about doing a story on the movie, & asked if Nick & I would be interested in being interviewed.  It was no big deal.  We met him in the Fondren area around a few of the places where they filmed.  It was just him, & he had this tiny little camera.  The good thing is, if I feel like I look like a complete fool on camera...which is likely, no one has to know about it;)  I'll let yall know the website after I get to view it!

The guy that interviewed us has been to California several times, & actually just got back, so he's been able to give us a ton of awesome information & tips about our trip.  We are leaving Friday!  I am going to be completely honest.  I know I will miss Reid, & I'll be so happy to see him when we get back, but I am so looking forward to this break.  This is a trying age!!  Add to that a child that weighs as much as most 5 year olds.  There have been days that I thought I might pull my hair out;)

Here's a little about what's been going on lately...

  We had our 6 year anniversary a few weekends ago.  We didn't want to do too much since we are about to leave, so we went to the big city of Hattiesburg & got a hotel room.  My parents kept Reid.  We actually had a great time!  I got all of 3 pictures the entire weekend.  We started Saturday out at good ole Cracker Barrel.  Reid pretty much cried the entire time for the lawnmower at my parent's house.  He thought we were taking him away from it since we left their house for breakfast.  He looks happy in this picture, & that's only because we were leaving;)


Saturday night at Cork.  I turned around & Nick was playing the guitar with the trio band.  Big dork!

The next day before we left. The 4-wheeler is now at the top of his list with the lawnmower.  He calls it the 4-moler & has been asking for it every day when he wakes up from his nap.

This is how he was sleeping one night!


Playing with play-do for the first time.

 Notice my masterpiece...carrots & peas;)

Getting a little carried away with the markers


We've been riding bikes a lot lately.  They extended the trails on the Natchez Trace, which is really close to our house, so we have some really great places to ride.  I am now official with my helmet.  Just call me cool.


That's all for now!




 

1 comment: