Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

San Diego

We are back!  I gotta tell ya, coming back to this miserable weather is depressing!!  It's hot, humid, AND flooding.  None of which we experienced in California.  If only it wasn't so dang expensive to live there:(

I took plenty of pictures.  I wish now that I had more.  It's harder when I don't have my cute little sidekick with me to be in the pictures.  Since we stayed in 3 different places, I'm going to blog about each one individually so this doesn't become the longest blog ever, & to help me remember everything better.

San Diego was definitely the most beautiful place I have ever been to.  We stayed downtown in the Gaslamp District at the Residence Inn by Marriott, which I would highly recommend.  We were surrounded by hundreds of restaurants & were able to get anywhere we wanted really fast.  We got the hotel off of priceline.com for under $200 a night & it was extremely nice!  It even had a full size kitchen.

By the time we got our rental car, checked in the hotel, & showered, it was getting late & we were still on central time, so we just found a good sushi place nearby & then went to bed.  We drove over to Coronado Island Saturday morning.  This ended up being our favorite thing we did in San Diego.  It was so beautiful.  There are adorable houses, big mansions, shops, restaurants, one of  the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to, & the massive Hotel del Coronado.  We rented bikes & rode all over the island, looked in some of the shops, & ate lunch outside at the big hotel.  Keep in mind that these pictures do not do it justice at all!














I use to look at magazines & see celebrities at the beach with their hair down & fixed, looking beautiful.  Me at the beach...hair in a bun, no makeup, & sweating profusely.  Now I understand.  If the weather was that perfect when I went to the beach I would probably try to look presentable too!

I had to take a picture of this bike.  It's an elliptical that you actually ride on.  We got behind a guy riding one of these but I wasn't able to get my camera out fast enough.

We went to Little Italy that afternoon to walk around & stop for a drink.

That night we drove to La Jolla to eat dinner.  It's another seaside resort community with beautiful homes, shops, restaurants, & businesses.  For some reason I didn't take any pictures.  Afterwards we hung out at a cool rooftop lounge near our hotel.  The view was awesome, but you can't tell in the picture.

On Sunday we went to this really cool church that I had read about online called The Rock Church.  The pastor use to be a professional football player.  It was an awesome service & we were really glad we went.  I think it's neat to experience things that aren't so "touristy" when we go places.  

We drove to the Old Town area to eat lunch & walk around.  We ate outside at an authentic Mexican restaurant.




Soon after we took the top off the Jeep & got ready to head to L.A.!





I realize that we look like huge dorks, but I can't tell you how happy I was at this moment.  Not to be leaving San Diego...there was still a ton of stuff we wished we would have had time to do, but the weather was perfect, we had no responsibilities, no time restraints...just driving up the beautiful coast!









4 comments:

  1. How fun!! Can't wait to hear about the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! And I think I might have been to that same EXACT restaurant in Little Italy based on the picture! How funny! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete