Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my miscarriage. It's amazing how much can change & take place in a year. I'm not going to lie, there have been difficult days. There have been days when I've cried & felt sorry for myself, but honestly, for the most part, I've had a peace & contentment that that only God could give. It's hard for me to even type those words without tearing up because I am so grateful to serve a God that loves me & has a perfect plan for my life & my family. God used a bad situation & showed me a peace "which transcends all understanding". He has taught me, & is continuing to teach me to trust with all my heart, & forget about what I think should happen, what I think is best. Isaiah 14:24 says that "God's plans & purposes always prevail & never fail." Romans 8:28 tells us that "all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." I'm not sure what God is strengthening & preparing us for, but I'm choosing (as hard as it can be sometimes) to rest in God's perfect will & timing.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love this, Lauren. We all need to be reminded of this from time to time. Thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so right! God has a plan and even though we know it, it's still tough sometimes.I admire you Lauren. It's hard to keep your faith strong when things don't go as you plan but you've managed to do so!
ReplyDeleteIt's always hard trusting God's plan, especially when we know what we want when we want it! I have been pushed to listen to HIS plan the last 2 years though, and man does he never let us down. The peace he gives us is perfect when we let him. So thankful for your faith and trust in HIM! I believe the only way we can survive parenting is to turn everything over to GOD! XOXO
ReplyDelete