I'm about 5 posts behind. Every time I've considered sitting down to write, something else comes up & it gets pushed aside. We've had so much going on lately....all good stuff, but I am really ready for things to slow down a little. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed today, so I am making myself sit down & do this. It's therapeutic for me anyway! I'm just going to forget about the past posts I was going to do, & start with the most recent. I'll trick myself into feeling caught up;)
It's hard to believe I will have a 3 year old on Friday! We are getting ready for his birthday party on Saturday at our neighborhood playground. I've got someone making a 3D Thomas the Train cake. I can't wait to see his face when he sees it. That boy is a huge fan of cake, so a Thomas cake should make him very happy.
We went ahead & gave him his birthday present from us last weekend. We hated to invest in one of the big wooden play sets since we're not sure how much longer we will be in this house, so we found this small one at Sears & he loves it!
I am still amazed at how far this yard has come in the last year!
We had the best time that night. He ran around & played on his swing set & sang songs with Nick on his IPod until about 10:00.
This area was originally meant to have plants of some sort, but I don't exactly have a green thumb & I thought a play area with no upkeep sounded like a better idea. We put several bags of that rubber mulch in there & made it an area for trucks & digging in the dirt.
To add to Reid's love affair with my parent's house, they now have a pool. Now I am very happy about this, since there is absolutely nothing to do in Moselle in the summers except sweat, but this also adds another reason why Reid would be perfectly happy just moving in. We took him on Sunday to stay for a couple days while we had some stuff going on here & tried it out for the first time.
Water guns
Nick trying to get a little color..he did say, "It's hard to tan, tan" :)
A trip is never complete without a ride on the lawnmower
He was so proud of himself "going to under"
As usual, his heart was broken when the torturer(me) showed up on Tuesday to pick him up. I know he loves me, but Grandma & Paw Paw's house is so much more fun when you are 3!

























No comments:
Post a Comment