I won't sugar coat it, or act like nothing ever happened. I started this blog as a way to document our life as a family, so I don't feel right completely leaving a big hole. I'm a very open & honest person, so I also don't feel right staying silent on here.
This week I was going to get to finally write the post I was most looking forward to...boy or girl! On Christmas day, I turned 14 weeks pregnant, & on the way to Hattiesburg I lost the baby. I won't go into all the details. I just felt like I should at least blog about it once, because acting like it never happened, or that this baby isn't a part of our lives hurts even more. We have two beautiful, perfect babies in Heaven, being raised by my Heavenly Father, & who better?!
A friend of mine said to me recently, "God will never allow you to go through anything that is not part of His greater purpose for your life." That was so comforting to me, & something I remind myself of often. I want to be used by God. I don't want to breeze through this life & make no impact at all. We weren't made for that. As much as it hurts sometimes, & as bad as I wish I had those two babies in my arms, God's ways are so much bigger than my ways. Sure, I have questions, there's confusion, there's pain, but I have nothing if I don't have hope in God & trust in His plan.
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18
"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all"
2 Corinthians 4:17
*Please don't feel like you have to comment! A lot of you already knew about this & have so graciously reached out to us. I just felt like I needed to document.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I am SO impressed with how strong you have been...or seem to be. Your faith is amazing and such an incredible example for that beautiful little boy of yours! Be very proud of yourself:)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Lauren. I had to learn the hard way that timing is not mine, it's God's. It's such a bitter lesson to learn but sweet in the long run. Thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry Lauren. You have been in my prayers. "Bring me your weakness, and receive My Peace. Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remembering that I am sovereign over everything. Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning. Instead let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to Me."
ReplyDeleteSweet friend, you know I am praying for you, and I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Trusting that God does have a greater purpose and plan! And praying that He will fill you with His hope again!!! Much love to ya'll!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss, Lauren! Praying for comfort and strength for you!
ReplyDeleteOh Lauren, I had no idea. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know there are no words that help, but your family will be in my prayers. Your strength and faith are inspiring.
ReplyDelete