Nick came home one night last week & said, "Pick a color." I turned around & saw that he was holding up two small notebooks....one orange, one green. I was confused. Was this a gift? Surely not. Did he want us to start writing love letters to each other in our new notebooks? Unfortunatley, no. This notebook was to be used to record every single purchase we made every day, for a month or so, starting Monday. Awesome. I chose orange:)
So, joking aside, I really don't have a problem with this. I've never been one to hide purchases from Nick, & he's never been one to get mad about a purchase. I know there have been a few he would rather I not made, but thankfully he understands...after 5 years of explaining....the many "needs" of a woman.
Before I even started recording, I knew that the majority of my purchases would be groceries. Kroger has become my second home. Yes, I know Wal-Mart is cheaper, but you try going to the Wal-Mart in Ridgeland & see how you feel when you leave. It's not good for my attitude. I would rather spend the extra $15-$20 or so, & leave in peace! Anyway, I was wondering what everyone else's grocery buying is like. I feel like I am constantly buying food, & there are only 3 of us. Granted, we rarely eat out. Nick comes home a good bit for lunch, I never eat out for lunch, & we eat at home every single night during the week. I would much rather be the one preparing our food. I just like it better that way. Also, we are MAJOR creatures of habit when it comes to what we eat. The "staples" in our house are very specific, so we are always making sure they are stocked. Also, I buy a ton of fruits & vegetables, so obviously I have to buy those often.
Ok, let me finally get to the point of this post! If you don't mind sharing, what do you spend on groceries every week? Do you stick to a specific budget? Do you shop at Sam's & buy in bulk? We should probably start doing that for our "staples". I guess I just need to know if we are eating more than the average human! I love me some Kroger, but I'd rather somewhere else be my second home...like our vacation home;)) It doesn't matter if you have kids or not...I still would like your input!
Here are some pictures from the week. He's getting SO close to walking. He took several steps yesterday. He was so proud of himself...clapping away! Unfortunatley, I didn't get any pics of that, but hopefully I can get some of it on video soon.
Doing his chores;)
This is the way he stared at me while I was saying, "Reid, say CHEESE!"
I will leave you with this verse..."Blessed is he who considers the poor; The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, and he will be blessed on the earth." Psalm 41:1-2



We spend about $400 a month on groceries, and that usually equals about two big grocery trips and a couple of small "fill-in" trips. And usually there's one Subway trip a week and at least one weekend night dinner out, too. And I'm totally with you on the Ridgeland Walmart. It's beyond awful. I feel like a mean, hateful person when I leave!!
ReplyDeleteOh no...the dreaded budget!! :) I don't even want to know how much we spend on groceries..and on Chick-fil-a! No telling! I am really starting to fall in love with the Kroger at Colony Crossing in Madison...just love it!
ReplyDeleteWe usually spend about $100 a week. We shop at Wal-Mart and Sam's. We buy meat at Sam's-freeze what we don't use- and some produce there, too. Jackson can go through a Sam's sized box of raspberries in a day. I think that has really saved us money. I have compared both of those to Corner Market and it's a big difference. We shopped at Corner Market a couple of times and we would spend $100 on stuff we could get at Wal-Mart easily for $50. We eat Chinese once a week and it's $20 for all 3 of us. Since I eat gluten free foods, it can get out of hand quickly. Fresh meat and produce are staples here. Look for coupons! If you shop at Target, they track your spending habits and give you coupons. That's where I buy diapers, pediasure, razors, shampoo, etc. Hope that helps!!
ReplyDeleteWe spend about $75-$100/week. I shop at Sams alot too. I'm with Heather on buying the meat there and then freezing what you don't use that week. Their meat is really good! I buy things like cereal, granola bars, crackers, etc at Sams too if its things we eat alot.
ReplyDeleteReid has gotten so big! He is such a little man now!! He is SO adorable!!
I shop at Wal-Mart once a week. I only write down on my list what I know I need but end up with much more in my cart. I usually spend about $115.00 each trip.
ReplyDeleteI am glad to see Reid enjoys the water hose like Ford does.
I think we are around $500 a month. I do a big shop at Wal-Mart and a big shop at Sam's once a month and usually a produce fill-in every week or two. That is eating EVERY meal at home for me and the little guys and dinner for 4 sometimes more. Sam's is my favorite....favorite, I cannot even explain how much I love this store, go get a membership tomorrow!!!
ReplyDelete