Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lots To Do

Nick probably thinks I'm trying to kill him.  I use to hate "projects".  Too much time & work involved.  I would much rather just buy whatever it was I wanted done, or just ignore it & hope I forgot about it.  I guess I use to be lazy? Anyway, I think I've gotten a little project happy lately.  The biggest one we have going on is the backyard.  It is slowly but surely coming along.  All you people with grassy, fenced in back yards...you don't realize how lucky you are!  It never bothered me until I had a toddler running around who would sleep outside if I let him.  I long for the day when I can just lounge in my back yard (in my swimsuit if I want, or my birthday suit;)) & watch Reid play without worrying about him getting too close to the street or Vince running across the street to chase after a dog walker.

I have also decided, once again, to paint my entire living room & dining room (which is all one room).  My mom & I did it when I was pregnant with Reid (yes, I know you're not technically suppose to paint when your pregnant, but that's one thing Nick hates doing, & I knew if I wanted it done, I better do it myself).  Finding a color that I like has not been easy.  I currently have 8 different color samples painted on the walls in different areas...large areas, nothing discrete.  There's no turning back now, I have to paint or my living room is gonna look like a crazy person's house.  Oh yea, painting the laundry room is also on my list.  And re-painting our outdoor picnic table.  I keep thinking of stuff!

A third project going on right now was my idea, of course, but unfortunately I would not be of any help.  Have you ever heard of the website/blog ana-white.com? You can search just about any kind of furniture you can think of & find a step by step plan.  She has some amazing stuff on there, & of course it's at a fraction of the cost of what it would be if you bought it.  Well, I've always thought we had the perfect set up for built ins (for our TV, with cabinets & shelves).  We have a small section of built in shelves & cabinets on the opposite side, I'm not sure why they didn't do it for the TV side when they built the house.  Anyway, I found a plan for a media center/built ins on this website that we really liked, so that project has begun.  The entire garage is officially a workshop.  Neither one of us can park in there right now.

So, there is lots to be doing right now!  I should probably be working on one of those things instead of sitting in this chair right now.  I will keep you updated with the progress!

Here is some cuteness to add to this blog, since all I've done is ramble...

Out for pizza last Friday night.  


Tucking Elmo in right between Vince's food & water bowls?


Reid & his cousin Jacob in the pink princess car!

 With rims!


We took Reid to his first wedding last weekend.  I held him in the back of the church the entire time (in heels I might add), ready for a quick exit, but he never said a word!  I was very proud!

At the reception...holding his cousin's hand:)

 Breaking it down on the dance floor

His new favorite activity (not eating the glass...playing in the car)


I thought this was so sweet.  Here he is at 2 months old.
And here at 23 months.  He rarely sleeps like this anymore, so when I found him like this the other night I grabbed my camera.

3 comments:

  1. Love the last 2 pics! How sweet :)

    Good luck with ALL your projects! We don't have a fenced yard either, so I share your wants on that one!

    Hope you're feeling well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one PRECIOUS little boy you have there:) He is too stinkin cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I knew I had all of those projects to do I think I would cry! After being flooded a few weeks ago and 40 something days of home renovations I am happy to be back to normal!

    ReplyDelete