Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sometimes Helping Gets You in Trouble

My dad came last Saturday to help Nick cut down a few more trees in the back yard before our friend shows up with the excavator.  You would think we had a football field of a backyard with the amount of limbs/trees/shrubs/weeds that continue to pile up each time we have a work day.  I took Reid out of the house for most of the morning, but when we got back I though I would be nice & lend a hand picking up limbs.  I helped for all of 15 minutes before I came in to start lunch.  Big mistake.  I woke up Sunday morning with some weird itching going on.  By the time we were leaving for church there were two definite spots of poison ivy.  By Sunday night it had spread like wildfire.  I was up half the night on fire.  It's now Thursday, & Nick & I both are still covered in it....even in places I won't mention:)  His got worse than mine.  I will spare you with any pictures.  Thank you Jesus that Reid never got it!  My doctor called me in a prescription cream, but I can't get a shot.  I do not want to relive this week ever again!  I swear I would rather have a stomach bug.  We have a very busy weekend ahead, so I really hope this disgusting stuff disappears. Note to self:  No More Yard Work!;)

In happier news, I had my first doctor's appointment this morning.  I told Nick it was totally up to him if he wanted to come & bring Reid.  He decided to brave it.  I was very proud of Reid.  We were there for 2 solid hours & we really only had to get on to him  1 time.  Everything looked great!  I am only 6 weeks, but we were able to hear the heartbeat.  That makes my official due date November 28th.  I will definitely have to do all my Christmas shopping super early this year!  Here is the only picture I took while we were there.  He climbed up & down the table I was sitting on about 60 times.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, that sucks! Hope you feel better soon!!

    Glad the doc appointment went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lauren! Glad the appointment went well!

    ReplyDelete