Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter

Easter weekend was very busy & exhausting, but a lot of fun.  Friday night I went to a 6 hour church service called "Secret Church" that was really amazing.  I was definitely skeptical about the length of time, but I swear it flew by.  I got in bed about 1:00 am...I don't remember the last time I did that, but I can tell ya it wasn't after a church service!  The sod for our backyard was delivered on Saturday.  There was lots of preparation that had to be done before it could be layed, so Nick ended up doing yard work, with the help of a good friend, & later with my dad from 8:00 am - 7:00 pm.  I'm waiting until it's completely done with fence & all before I post pictures.  Late that afternoon Reid & I went on to an Easter egg hunt & barbecue over at our friend's house.  Nick came & met us later.  Reid had a blast.  This was his first hunt, but it didn't take him too long to catch on.
About to leave for the party

 Popcorn in one hand

Just starting to figure it out

He kept getting distracted by this cool truck

By the end of the night he was drenched in sweat & covered in dirt...the party was a success!


Easter morning started EARLY.  I had to get up at 5:30 to get ready & be at the church at 7:40 to keep the nursery for early church.  I had to wake Reid up, so we didn't even give him his Easter basket until after church.  



Notice there is no candy.  Everyone that knows me knows I LOVE candy, so I guess I have to blame that on my weird husband;)  I cannot get Reid to eat any kind of candy.  He'll eat cookies & cake, but no candy.

We drove to my parents house after church.  He was already wiped out.  His hand is completely in his snack trap.



We had an Easter egg hunt out there for the kids. As you can see, it got pretty hot.  He's a sweater for sure. 


Here's a sort of rough looking family pick.  We didn't have everyone out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment