My trip to Ft. Myers went great. My best friend's husband planned a big surprise 30th birthday for her, so that was the main reason I went down there, although I probably would have made the trip anyway since it was her 30th. I only have pictures from the party, which was a lot of fun. I so wish Nick could have been there, but I majorly appreciated him watching Reid all weekend!
Now on to Thursday after I got back. Some days just don't go as planned, & this was definitely one of those days. Reid & I were inside getting ready to go to the gym that morning, & Nick was outside finishing up cutting the grass before he left for work. That's when he came inside & informed me that a rock just shot up from the lawnmower & shattered the back glass of my car.
Change of plans! Reid played while we tried to clean up a trillion pieces of black glass.
Later that afternoon Reid & I were out running errands (in Nick's car) for a small get together we were having at our house the next night. I wanted to do something special for Nick because he won this really big deal award through Coldwell Banker & all they give him is a plaque to hang on the wall. To brag for just a second...he won the Presidential Premier Award for last year. It's the highest award you can receive & he's the only one in the state of MS to get it! I am so proud of him:) So anyway, we were out running errands for this get together when I got to thinking. That led me to CVS to pick up one of these.
What do you know, it was POSITIVE. I was IN SHOCK. I've been saying for a while now that I wanted to start trying in the fall. Then they would be at least 3 years apart, plus I'm in a really big wedding in October. Well clear the aisle, cause it looks like I will be waddling down it;)
I knew immediately that I didn't just want to call Nick & tell him. I wanted to do something different & wait till he got home from work. However, I HAD to tell someone, so I called my sister & swore her to secrecy. I somehow managed to carry on my normal tasks for the day & when Nick sat down for dinner I told him I bought him a "little happy" for the award he got. I gave him a shoebox wrapped in wrapping paper with the test inside. He was equally shocked, but really excited.
Since we already had family coming over the next night we decided we would tell them then. I thought buying Reid a "big brother" t-shirt would be a cute way to tell them, but the only one I could find was written really small at the bottom & we pretty much had to eventually ask people to read his shirt cause no one was getting it;)
So the get together ended up being a double celebration.
I made Nick take this picture:)
I go to the doctor next Thursday to find out the for sure due date, but according to the online calculators it will be around the end of November, which will put Reid & this baby 2 1/2 years apart to the month. I am still in shock, but I really am happy. Nick has always said for our next baby he wanted it to just happen without us "trying". I'm such a planner I just couldn't imagine that ever really happening, but I am thankful we won't have to go through the stress of months of trying like we did for Reid.
By the way, I have not announced this on Facebook. I'm not sure when I will, but it will definitely be after I go to the doctor.












AHHHH! Lauren, CONGRATULATIONS!! That's so exciting!
ReplyDeleteThe photo of Nick with the pretty cake is awesome. Oh, and of course I think celebratory fro-yo is needed soon!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! What a nice surprise :) Hope you have a great check-up and look forward to hearing/reading about it.
ReplyDeleteawwwwww!!!! so exciting!!! congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!!!! I saw the title of your post when I was at Trey's office and said oh my gosh she is pregnant click on that NOW! When we started reading he said you are so wrong and low and behold I was right!!!!! How exciting. I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYay, Lauren!!! I am SO EXCITED for ya'll!!! Reid will be a great big brother! We got Carson the same exact shirt to tell our family that we were expecting #3! He had JUST turned one, and the shirt was huge on him. So they couldn't read it either! Like you, I finally had to say, "Read his shirt! " ha!! :)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you and Nick!
ReplyDeleteOH my gosh lauren CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! IM so excited!!!! So when we see yall at christmas maybe even Thanksgiving you will have a new baby!!! I cant wait!!!
ReplyDelete