Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Almost Done

We are getting ready for Reid's birthday party this weekend.  I decided to push it back a couple of weeks to give the grass plenty of time to settle in the back yard.  The back yard!  How tired are you of hearing me talk about that?!  I'm pretty tired of hearing myself say it.  It has been a long, difficult process, but it is finally almost complete.  The only thing that will not be complete for the party is the fence.  They can't come & start building it for another 3 weeks or so.  Nick has worked so hard out there.  We were told that if we would have just hired a crew to come & do it all it would have cost at least $10,000!  No thank you.

Anyway, I am trying to keep the party simple.  I went all out with food & stuff last year, & I just don't have it in me this year.  Plus, Reid doesn't care, the other kids don't care, why should I?  I'm gonna have a couple of snacks going along with a sort of circus theme, I'm making a cake, & my grandma is bringing a couple pies:) We are renting a big space jump, so that should provide plenty of entertainment.  I just hope it doesn't rain...it's in the forecast.

Here is the only picture I got of him(except for one on my phone) on his actual birthday.  His friend Lila came over for dinner & cupcakes.  Notice the sweat & filth on Reid, & then look at Lila!  I cannot get him to look at the camera for anything.

I take that back.  I did get this picture.  This is what I put on Facebook to officially announce that we were pregnant.

Besides the back yard, I feel like I have been constantly working on projects around here.  I repainted my living room/dining room a few weeks ago.  That was a huge job but I'm so glad I went ahead & got it done.  My mom came last week & helped me repaint my back porch glider & the picnic table.  I will post pictures of those soon.  They look so much better.  While she was here Reid entertained himself with the water hose.




We went to my nephew's birthday party last weekend in Hattiesburg at Planet Gymnastics.  Reid got in & out of the foam pit the entire time.  He loved it!



 I thought these were funny.  That's his cousin Mia.  Of course I could not get him to smile.  I don't know why their eyes look evil in this one.




You better believe there was a melt down when the party was over.  Fun coming to an end is a very difficult thing for Reid;)

His aunt gave him some Elmo slippers



My friend Becca & I took Reid & Lila to the park yesterday.  They got so excited when we were about to leave the house, they started holding hands.  So cute:)



Please say a prayer that it doesn't rain on Saturday!  I don't have any kind of indoor entertainment!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love the Elmo shoes and diaper pics! Good luck with the birthday party! I agree...the kids don't care about the food :)

    Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Reid has a happy birthday this weekend!

    ReplyDelete