I cannot believe we are already 14 days into the month of September! Before I know it I will enjoying my favorite month of the year, when all seems right in the world.
I started the month off in Florida, in the middle of a hurricane, at a childhood friend's bachelorette party. Despite the weather, it was really fun to spend a long weekend with a bunch of girls. I discovered that some things really never change. A few a yall who read this will know what I'm talking about;)
Reid started Fall Mother's Morning Out last week. He's literally been running into his classroom, so I feel like we've made huge progress from last year. I love that he brings me a craft every time I pick him up. This was his first day.
Telling daddy bye...in his towel. Sorry Nick;)
I took him to get his haircut, which I've done many times before, but this was the first time he sat in the chair by himself. I was amazed at how well he did. The receptionist said, "Hey Darlin!" when we walked in, & Reid said, "Hey Darlin" right back!
Yesterday we went to the Jackson zoo. I can't even remember the last time I went to that zoo, but it was pretty nice. We basically had the whole thing to ourselves because of school. It was so fun watching him be amazed at all the animals we usually just read about.
He was asking about the elephants the whole time, which I just assumed they had, but apparently not. Riding the elephant on the carousel definitely made up for it. This was the highlight of the trip. I'm glad we waited until the end to do it, cause walking away was a little difficult;)
After the zoo we had lunch together & got some "mice cream":)
Yesterday was also Nick's 31st birthday! Exactly 9 years ago on his birthday he asked me on our first date:) The only picture I got was of Reid & his cousin Emory at the restaurant last night.
Those two look like trouble!













Happy birthday, Nick! Looks like y'all had a good time in Florida! Reid looks so big getting his hair cut.
ReplyDelete