Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2011

Old Door

I've finally started working on a few projects again.  I pretty much lost all of my motivation over the summer.  Sanding & painting while I'm dripping sweat is not exactly enjoyable to me.  I did finish one thing last week that was really easy.  I saw the idea online.  My dad gave us an old door a couple of months ago that he had in his barn.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.  I started stripping the paint off & this really cool blue came through.  I decided to leave it like it was & use it for the idea I had seen.  Here it is.  I LOVE the way it turned out!  It's hanging in our breakfast room.

The panels are painted with chalkboard paint.  I found the hooks at Hobby Lobby & thought they would look  perfect on it.  I got Nick to change out the knob with a crystal one & hang it for me!


We were playing outside one afternoon & I kept trying to get Reid to smile at me.  This was the best I got:)


I think he was getting annoyed at me here


Eating cake at Grandma's birthday party



This morning I was on the treadmill at the gym & all of a sudden I felt something between my boobs.  I tried to discreetly reach up under my sports bra, & what did I find?  A gold fish!  Nice:)

5 comments:

  1. The door makeover is adorable! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...you seriously need to open an Etsy store! I want one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the door! I seriously thought it was CRAZY that you had a gold fish (splish splash) in your sports bra...I had to read it 3 times to finally figure out it was the cracker...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the door, and I am laughing about the goldfish! That is hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG LOVE the door!!! And i can't tell u how many times I find goldfish in my bra! hahaha

    ReplyDelete