Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Big Boy

Reid has officially reached the 40 pound mark, & lifting him in & out of his crib, & onto his changing table was really starting to hurt my back.  I was really nervous about moving him straight into a big boy bed.  I just didn't think he was quite ready...or more like I'm scared to death he's just going to jump up & down all night & never sleep!  Last weekend we decided to try removing the front of his crib.  That way I at least didn't have to lift him in & out.  His crib is not a convertible one, but we removed the front anyway.  He did great!  We had to talk to him for a while about not getting out.  He tried once, we threatened, & that was it!  This is him waking up from his nap after we took it off.  


He loves it.  He calls it his "big boy" bed, & every time he crawls in, he says, "no getting out!"  I can't imagine what he's gonna do when we put an actual bed in there.

I am in heaven with all of this fall weather!  I hate that it gets dark so early, but we've gotten outside at night anyway.


I even got crafty one day & we made 2 of these fall paintings for the grandparents.  Good ole Pinterest.  

We took Reid to the Natchez Trace trail that is right down from our house on Saturday to take some pictures.  I had been playing with my camera before we left & had it on a weird setting that I forgot to change, so half of them didn't turn out very clear, but we got several good ones.







 Looking all handsome to go cook out with some friends:)


2 comments:

  1. precious!!!! ok now i want to go do a project for me and grandparents..thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, he looks like he's already FIVE! What a handsome little (big boy) man!

    ReplyDelete