Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall???

Is this seriously the first day of fall?!  You could have fooled me.  I realize I say this often, but I don't think I can take this heat anymore.  I question my geographical location on a daily basis:) 

Unfortunately, I only have a couple recent pictures of Reid.  I took these before we left for Hattiesburg last Saturday for the football game.  Reid didn't actually go to the game, he stayed with his Grandma, but it made his daddy really happy to have him in this t-shirt;)


Hopefully, we can take him to a game when the weather cools down some.

If it doesn't feel like fall, at least you can eat something that tastes like it.  Have you ever tried using canned pumpkin in a smoothie?  It is so good!!  I've been wanting to try it for a while now, but the Kroger closest to me never has it.  I finally found it the other day at a different one.

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

1/2 c crushed ice
1/2 c canned pumpkin
1/2-1 whole frozen banana
1/4 c skim, soy or almond milk
1 tbsp-1 scoop vanilla protein powder..if you have it
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp honey (optional)
1/4 c plain, vanilla or honey yogurt (optional)

Blend.  Add more liquid if needed.

Tastes like fall in a glass!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My goodness....that smoothie sounds YMMMY!! Now I just need to go buy the ingredients and a new blender..ours is broken!:(

    ReplyDelete