Total Pageviews

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Craftiness

Since I was not smart enough to take pictures of my gifts before I wrapped them, I had to wait until they were opened.  I had a lot of fun making a lot of my gifts this year.  I didn't do it to save money, though I probably did, I was just in a really crafty mood & found some cute ideas on blogs I found.  Let me just say, I've never been in a "crafty mood" my entire life.  I have no idea what's come over me.  Maybe I'm officially OLD:)


These are magnet boards I did for my sisters.  I got the frames at a garage sale & spray painted them, then used an old coffee sack (ordered online) to glue to a piece of galvanized metal, that was glued to a foam board for the backing.  The round heavy magnets from Hobby Lobby work best.



I did this frame for my mom.  I just bought an unfinished frame from Hobby Lobby, glued the fleur de lis on there, painted & put an antiquing glaze on it.

This one I did for my dad's office.

I did this one for Nick's mom.  Same process as my mom's frame, but I decided to try the bow with two different kinds of ribbon I found.  It's not perfect, but I thought it turned out ok, & hopefully I can make them better & better.  I had to get her to email the pic from her phone...hence the small pic.



I made four of these "clipboards".  They are suppose to be for a picture, a recipe, or anything else you want to display.  It's not a very good picture.  They looked really cool in person.  I went & got wood cut from Lowe's, bought the oval piece & candlestick from Hobby Lobby, & ended up getting the finial off of Ebay because apparently the Lowe's in our areas don't carry them.  I spray painted, distressed, & antiqued them.


Nick said one day he's gonna come home & I'm gonna have "antiqued" Reid;)

3 comments:

  1. Lauren! Those are all AWESOME! You should open up a little Etsy store-that kind of stuff is always in demand. I love all it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! You should definitely put some stuff online on Etsy! So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could do all of that. Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete