Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

My Labor of Love

Who knew I had a crafty side??  I'm telling you, I have been shocking myself lately.  Now, I'm not saying that I'm the best at it, but I have been having so much fun doing it, & feel like I finally found myself a hobby.  I have been working like a mad woman.  Every spare moment I've had...when Reid is napping, or when he goes to bed, I'm out in our garage, which has been halfway turned into my workshop.  Poor Nick has to get into a cold car in the morning;)  He has reminded me of that a few times.

Here are a couple of pieces of furniture I've re-done:

Nick & I bought this little piece in NC

I put in on Craigslist, & I've got a girl that's suppose to be coming to get it tomorrow!


Got this at a flea market
Sold it on Craigslist

I got these for $4 a piece at a garage sale
I painted & distressed them to go in our bedroom

 
I am so proud of these chairs.  I had been wanting new arm chairs for our living room for a long time.  Nick finally gave me the go ahead & I was about to purchase some from a place nearby, but I decided to look for something I may be able to redo myself.  I found these in perfect condition on Craigslist for $100 a piece.  It was very hard work, but I loved the way they turned out!  They ended up costing me under $150 each.



I've done lots of other things for Christmas presents, but I'll have to wait until after Christmas to show you...wouldn't want to ruin the surprise in case they read my blog:)





6 comments:

  1. Goodness! You need to come do some stuff for me!! You're very talented :) I absolutely LOVE those chairs. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is right up my alley!! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those pieces are great! You really have a talent, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO impressed. I would have paid big bucks for the white side table!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come over to our apartment to see what you can distress. :) It all looks fabulous and I think you have the makings of a side business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! You are so talented! Keep posting pics, and maybe step by step instructions?

    ReplyDelete