Total Pageviews

Friday, February 18, 2011

Cassie

A friend of mine from small group & I brought dinner to a girl in our neighborhood last night.  This girl is going through something that none of us, including her, could ever imagine happening, something we could never dream our husbands would be capable of.  I'm not going to go into the details, but she/they have a long road ahead.

I wrote a note & put it in the bag with the food just in case she wasn't home or didn't come to the door.  To be completely honest, I sort of hoped she wouldn't come to the door.  I mean, what can I say?  We'd never met this girl before, & here we are showing up with our covered dish while she's going through this tragedy.  I just prayed that if she did come, God would just speak through me.

Well, to our surprise, she not only came to the door, she stepped outside & just poured her heart out to us.  My nervousness left me as soon as she started talking, & I just wanted to cry with her.  She didn't talk about the details, but what she did say I have not been able to get off my mind.  She told us how amazing God has been to her through all of this.  Every single day there has been some sort of blessing...from a friend, a neighbor, or complete strangers who heard about the story.  She said that yesterday was the first day that nothing had happened, & then we showed up at her door.  I am so thankful to know that she is surrounded by people who are watching out for her while she is alone right now.

She said when everything first started happening her first reaction was to say, "God, why me?!"  She said she heard the Lord say "You've been professing your faith all these years, now it's time to live it."  I mean, WOW.  I've been thinking about that statement a lot.  We can say we believe this or we believe that, we would do this or that when faced with hard times, but when we are really faced with hard times, do we really stand firm in our beliefs?  Do we really trust the God we've been saying we trust?

This girl is going to have an amazing testimony to tell one day...I pray along with her husband.  I would like to ask anyone that reads this blog to please pray for Cassie.  She is an awesome girl going through a really tough time.  

1 comment:

  1. This gave me chills. Def something to think about. They will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete