Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Two Wheeling It

 I bought a seat for Nick's bike for him for Christmas so he could take Reid riding.  He's never even taken it out of the box since it's been so cold.  He finally got it all hooked up a couple of weeks ago.  I got the bright idea to ride it around the neighborhood one afternoon.  It was not fun.  From the time it took me to get around our tiny circle that's about 7/10 of a mile, my pants leg got caught, the chain came off twice (a sweet neighborhood boy put it back on for me the 1st time, & the 2nd time I was too close to my house so I just coasted into the driveway), Reid's legs kept getting caught on the back of mine, & my hands got black stuff all over them from the handlebars!  Needless to say, I was not in a very good mood when we got back.  Nick informed me I just didn't know what I was doing.  He also got that bike when he was in the 8th grade, so it's a little rusty.  Regardless, it made me wish I had a bike to ride, especially since the weather has been so nice lately.  Well, my sweet husband went to Academy on Sat. & got me a good ole Huffy!  Before I got my driver's liscense my mode of transportation was the Moto 4 for years, so I can't even remember the last time I   got a bike...5th grade maybe?  I was very excited!


We went for a nice little ride that afternoon, & we've been a few times since.  Reid loves it.




Just playing outside


Headed to church

Reid & Lila Jane went out on a date in her pink car;)

He told jokes all night to impress her


3 comments:

  1. How fun! I would be so scared that I would tip over. Looks like y'all had a great time :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really laughed at the bike story. I have wanted a bike FOR YEARS!!! I am still waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so sweet! You have such a cute little family! I miss yall!

    ReplyDelete