Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Memaw's Desk

I am SO upset that I don't have the "before" picture of this desk.  I took it!  I think I may have erased it from my camera thinking I had already uploaded it to my computer.  Having a before & after picture is much better in my opinion than just an after.  Oh well:(

Nick, Reid, & I drove to Pinola, MS a couple of months ago to my memaw's house to take a look at this desk that my mom told me about (my memaw lives in Hattiesburg in an assisted living facility).  Nick was thrilled to spend his Saturday morning in Pinola;)  I thought it was adorable & had lots of potential, so we loaded it up.  I need to find out how old it actually is.  Just picture a really brown, lifeless desk if you can.

Now here is the after!

I stained the top, painted the rest, & did a little distressing.
I kept all the original hardware.

It is doubling as my bedside table

I think it's definitely my favorite piece I've done so far!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you need to open an etsy shop or something and sell some of your redone photo frames. You're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete