Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Comfort in a Bowl

I eat this oatmeal every.single.day, so I thought I would share the recipe with yall!  Obviously, I think it's amazing, so I hope you do too.  If for some reason I eat something different for breakfast (like if we go out to eat), then this oatmeal will either make an appearance for lunch or dinner.  I love it that much.


This recipe may sound a little anal...I mean, I know you know how to cook oatmeal, but I'm just explaining exactly how I do it:)

1/4 cup water
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4-1/3 cup old fashion oatmeal
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup pureed sweet potato (I cook ahead of time, puree in a food processor, & keep in the fridge)
1/2 banana
1 tbp ground flax seed (optional, but you can't taste it)
1 tbp all natural peanut butter
salt

Heat the liquid to boiling, add a little salt.  Add the oatmeal, set the timer to 5 minutes & turn the heat to med.  Add the cinnamon when there's about 3 minutes left.  Add the banana & flax seed when there's 2 minutes left.  Add the sweet potato when there's less than 1 minute left.  Pour in bowl & top with peanut butter.




2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I love oatmeal so much...but I am always rushing in the morning and never have time to make it!

    ReplyDelete