Turkey & White Bean Chili...
I made this last night. It's super easy, inexpensive, healthy, & so good! Definitely different from your average chili. Thought I should share:) (Serves 3-4)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed & drained
In 12-in skillet, heat oil on med-high until hot. Add turkey & 1/2 tsp salt, & cook 6-8 min. or until turkey loses its pink color throughout, stirring to break it up. Add onion & cook 4 min. Stir in chili powder & cumin, cook 1 min. Add tomatoes with their juice, beans, & 1 c water; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to med. & cook, uncovered, 10 min., stirring occasionally. Ladle chili into serving bowls & top with shredded cheese/light sour cream.
I make this exact same recipe but I use black beans instead of white beans. Yum! I LOVE the picture of Reid at the top of your blog! He is SO handsome!!
ReplyDeleteSounds YUMMY! I will try this soon!:)
ReplyDelete