Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Honesty Award

Honesty Award


Rules for this Award

1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.

2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.

3. Present this award to others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

4. Tell those people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.



THANK YOU Jill (We are The Lamars) FOR THE HONESTY AWARD, HERE GOES!
 
1. I shave my legs every day.  The hair on my legs is course like no other...really, it could cut you.  I can't stand getting in the bed with hairy legs...it makes me feel dirty.
 
2. I was such a tomboy when I was little.  I loved playing with girl things too, but I remember wishing I was a boy so bad at times.  I specifically remeber praying once that God would make me a boy for just one day...thank you God for that unanswered prayer!
 
3. I have no artistic abilities.  My mom and both my sisters are so talented with drawing, painting, sewing (mom), etc.  I got none of it!
 
4. I love going to weddings...well, really the receptions.  I just love dressing up, being at a party where everyone else is dressed up, in a good mood, with good food, drinks, and a band. 
 
5. I wrote a letter to Bonjovi when I was little..probably in 2nd grade.  I gave it to my mom to mail...she kept it, and put it in a scrap book she gave me a couple of years ago.  It's hilarious.  I told him his girlfriend was "preety" and gave him my phone number, you know, just in case he wanted to chat;)
 
6. I remember so much about high school, but there's so much I can't remember.  Sometimes I worry if I was mean to anyone, or hurt anyone's feelings that I don't know about.  I would want to tell them I'm sorry & ask them to please forgive me!
 
7. I have a problem with "picking" at stuff...my face, etc.  It's a real problem!  Unfortunately, Nick feels the effects of this too.
 
8. I could never be anorexic.  I hate skipping meals.  I've tried a few times, and even successfully did a juice fast for 5 days once, but I like to eat too much. 
 
9. I LOVE anything with sweet potato in it.  I eat roasted sweet potatoes & onions at least 4 times a week.
 
10. My mom is amazing.  She did such special things for us growing up...notes in my lunches (she made us lunch everyday), special snacks when we got home from school, home cooked meals every night, she made Christmas & birthdays so exciting & special, she prayed for us consistently...& still does.  Life was not perfect, by any means, but she did everything she could to do for us, & teach us right & wrong.  I hope I can be the same way for my children.
 
I now present this award to Sugar & Spice Mommy! Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm beginning to think you might be writing some of this about me! Especially numbers 1, 6, and 7. Adam feels my wrath, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your mom was so great! remember when she used to make us lunch and let us eat it in your screened in porch on the kids table! and that day we went fishing and actually caught some fish, and she cooked them for us!and when we had the "Pound Puppies" and she found some cereal that looked like dog food and let them eat that, she was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Bon Jovi missed out on a good thing, but selfishly I'm glad!

    Mitsy

    ReplyDelete