"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14
I am reading through Psalms right now, & this verse really stuck out to me me today. From my bible's commentary: "This verse attests to the importance and desirability of our words and thoughts being consistent with God's Word and will. The truth of this text urges us to always speak the kind of words that confirm what we believe or think in our hearts about God, His love, and His power. If we believe, yet contradict that belief with careless words from our mouth, it is not acceptable in God's sight."
Are my heart's desires ALWAYS in line with God desires? The answer for me is no. To be honest, my heart's desires can sometimes be pretty selfish....a desire to have more money, a bigger house, more clothes, etc. I believe that God wants for us to be successful and have nice things, but I think He wants us to desire Him first. I know we are all human, and our desires can shift pretty easily, but today I pray that my desires would stay in line with His desires for me and my family. I pray that the words of my mouth AND the meditations of my heart would be pleasing to God.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What a great post!
ReplyDelete