Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Extra! Extra!

Ok, so I am excited to say that I will be making an appearance in the movie "The Help"!!  I guess I never mentioned that a couple of weeks ago I decided at the last minute to go to the open casting call in Jackson.  All I had to do was fill out a form & bring a 4x6 picture.  The girl that I talked to that day said that I may be chosen to do a a special extra role that would require up to 12 days of shooting.  I said that was fine, that I would be available?  Well, I got chosen!  I'm not sure if you've read the book, but I am one of 8 girls that were chosen to be a member of the "Junior League Bridge Club".  There will be 5 days of shooting in August & 5 days in September, unless they add more days.  All of the filming will be done in Greenwood.  Today was the first day of rehearsals.  It was SO neat!  The 7 other extras were so nice...I'm sure we will end up being good friends.  The main scene we are in will be in the living room of "Elizabeth's" house.  We are at a Bridge Club get together (I have to learn how to play Bridge).  A few of the main characters were there (Bryce Dallas Howard, Emma Stone, Octavia Spencer, Viola Davis, can't remember the other), & we went through the scene a bunch of times with them.  It was so neat watching them go through their script!  They were super nice, along with everyone else working there.  I noticed as we were sitting there that one of the ladies working on the movie (not sure what her title is) is Stockard Channing ("Rizzo" from Grease). 

So, today was crazy!  I am really excited about it, though.  I hope it's a lot of fun.  I go back Friday to have a fitting.  I can't wait to see what I have to wear.  The movie is set in the 60's, & I am suppose to be a high falutin Jackson Junior Leaguer, so it will probably be some kind of fitted dress. 

If you haven't read the book yet, you definitely should.  It's a great book!  I read it last summer right after I had Reid.  I may read it again just to have it fresh on my mind.  The author is a Jackson native, along with the director. 

So that this post isn't too boring with all words, here are some pictures of Reid from the past few days:)


Slick haired ready to go to dinner;)

So handsome

Gathering items in his wagon


Such a goofball

6 comments:

  1. That is so neat. I may be needing your autograph!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started clapping out loud as I read that....I am so envious and excited for you, I think that is my dream!!! What a great book, the movie will be so cool to watch. Please keep us posted on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I know someone famous!! Remember us little people when you get all big!! That is so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHH!!! I'm so jealous!! I guess I should have just stuck with my plan to GO to the casting call and not just send in my info online. I can't wait to see you, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so exciting! Just finished the book and it's a get read, very well written. I had a fleeting moment where I wanted to go to the casting call, but there are no Asians mentioned in MS at that time, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard the book was great. I guess I am going to read it now. I am glad I know a star!

    ReplyDelete