Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lately

I feel like it's been a while since I've blogged about what's been going on lately, so I will try to catch you up! 

Last Friday (the 25th) was our 5th wedding anniversary.  I totally meant to dedicate a blog to Nick that day, but I guess I just got sidetracked...bad wife:(  He surprised me that morning by having my mom drive up & get Reid, so I had almost the whole day to myself.  It was really nice....went by way too fast;)  We went to an amazing dinner that night at Ro' Chez in Ridgeland, & I would like to say "Thank you" to Nick, for allowing us to "reminisce" the whole time about when we were dating...I like to reminisce, he's not usually too big on it, but there were no complaints:)  We were at home & in bed by 10:45.  We are wild;)

Speaking of reminiscing, here is us 5 years ago...
And here is us at the restaurant...

I feel like one lucky girl to be married to Nick.  God blessed me beyond what I ever prayed for in a husband & father.  His strength, wisdom, drive, & hunger for the Lord continues to amaze me every single day.  I am so excited to see what the future holds for him & for our family.


Reid has been doing great.  He is walking more & more everyday.  He still does the "drunk waddle", but I love it.  Poor thing falls or hits his head at least 25 times a day, but he's very tough!  He plays so good by himself & is so focused.  He likes to gather things up & put them in whatever he is playing with.  If I can't find his sippie cup or his "lovie", I know to look in the wagon, the car, or the basket:)  Here he is in his car with his lawnmower.  He worked very hard to get it in there with him.
He also has become a HUGE "talker".  He is constantly jibber jabbering like he knows exactly what he's talking about.  I gave him my old Blackberry last week & he knew exactly what to do with it!  His ears are in the back of his head;)  I wanted to post a video of him talking on it, but for some reason it won't let me today? 

So, for those of you who really know me know that I am NOT a crafty person.  I really wish I was, but I'm just not gifted like that.  BUT, last night I actually got crafty.  I have been saving wine corks for years now, thinking that I would eventually make a cork board one day.  Well, I finally decided I was in the mood to do one & I just knew I had enough corks.  I went to Hobby Lobby & bought a frame & some Gorilla Glue.  Once I start laying out the corks I realize that half of them are the synthetic ones, plus I am short at least 20.  So I just bought 100 real corks on eBay for $5 plus shipping.  That way I had plenty & they were all real corks.  Here is my finished product!

How did I fail to see that the glue DRIES WHITE???  It's right on the front of the bottle.
I told you I'm not very crafty:))


We are headed to Perdido tomorrow until Tuesday!  My parents, my aunt & uncle, & another friend all have their RVs down there & we have a condo with my cousin & his girlfriend.  They all have boats that we take out on the inter coastal, & supposedly everything is ok there, so I hope we are able to have a good time despite the oil.  I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty darn crafty, Lauren. Good job! And happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So crafty, girl!! And I love the wedding picture...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! I wish I were crafty!! Happy anniversary! Yall are almost as "wild" as us- we went to see Toy Story 3 with Jackson for our anniversary last Saturday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I have been wondering for almost 2 years now what the corks were for....never bothered to ask but always wondered! I just thought you were using them for counter decor! Love it! I'm ready for you to come home now......

    ReplyDelete