Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Movie updates, Birthday, & Painting

Catchy title, huh?!  I guess I have a lot to catch you up on.  I have been a busy girl since I blogged last! 

Like I mentioned before, I went to Greenwood on Friday for my fitting.  The movie rented out a bunch of rooms in the Federal Building downtown, & that's where I had to go.  The amount of clothes & shoes they had was unbelievable....racks & racks & racks.  I probably tried on 20 dresses.  I found out that day that I would have three "looks" for three different scenes.  I'm still not sure exactly which ones I'll be wearing cause the costume person & the director will make the final decision.  Most of them were form fitting, sleeveless or 3 quarter length sleeved.  Some had little jackets with them, belts, or bows.  They were very classy...very 60's! 

Nick & I drove to my parent's house on Saturday for my dad's 60th birthday party.  I did not plan it, but Reid & my dad basically had on the same outfit!

Cousins playing

My handsome nephew Javan

The party was a lot of fun.  We surprised my dad by giving him a "roast".  I wrote mine on the way down there.  It was several pages long, & I must admit it was pretty darn good;)  He loved it!  Lots of people stood up & told hilarious stories, plus some really admirable things about him.  He is a good man:)

On Monday I headed back to Greenwood for what I thought was going to be another rehearsal, but we never actually rehearsed anything.  We met at this big house in downtown.  A local man that knows the game of Bridge real well came & gave us all a lesson.  I am still confused.  It is NOT an easy card game...at least not for me.  I am going to buy Bridge for Dummies, & maybe that will help some.  We don't exactly have to be masters, but we do need to look like we know what we are doing in the background.  A photographer was there taking pictures for People magazine...a "behind the scenes" thing.  Unfortunately, I won't be making the magazine...just the actresses:(  Anyway, that was basically it.  We were done in about 2 hours.  Unless they call us back for an unplanned rehearsal, I don't go back until August 10th for the first day of shooting. 

And last, but not least, my artistic abilities...or lack of, came out last night!  I met my friend Leah at Easely Amused in Flowood to paint a canvas.  It was my first time to do it.  It was a lot of fun, & I don't think I did too shabby!

The "Tree of Life"

4 comments:

  1. Two things... First, I LOVE reading about the movie stuff! Keep the updates coming and take some pictures! Ha!
    Second, I am slightly obsessed with Easely Amused, and I've been wanting to try the Tree of Life painting. Both of y'alls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you just love Easely Amused! I had so much fun last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love hearing about all the movie updates!! I have been telling everyone I know about you being in the movie! :) And you did great on the painting!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That's awesome Lauren about the movie!! Take lots of pics and keep the updates coming!! Your little boy is precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete