Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 21, 2010

She works hard for the money;))

Three days down, 8 more to go!  I have never "worked" such long days in my life.  I have a whole new respect for movies, for actors & actresses, & for crew members.  When our 12-14 hour days were over, they always continue to work several more.

Here is my recap of Thursday & Friday...

We were really excited to have a 7:30 call time on Thursday morning.  I rode to Greenwood with Kathryn & Anna on Wednesday night & stayed with Anna's parents.  Here we are about to leave her house.


We had the same looks on Thursday & Friday.  They were shooting a Bridge Club scene....hanging out & playing Bridge at "Elizabeth Leefolt's" house.  Just when I thought my hair couldn't get any bigger, they did this:

 

The back

I made sure to get a picture of the process.  This gives you an idea of the amount of teasing that is involved.  Nothing is holding my hair up like that except for straight tease!

I'm not gonna lie, we waited around a LONG time on Thursday.  When they finally called us in, it was so much fun.  They placed us around the room...two groups of three & one group of two, & gave us different things to be doing in the background.  At one point we had to say "Hey Hilly!" when she walked in.  So it was really like we got to act for a few minutes!  I loved it.

We had a 7:00 call time on Friday.  We did a ton more filming that day.  It was the same scene, but 15 minutes later in the scene, & then 15 minutes after that.  They didn't let us go until 8:30 last night.  By the way, since we would need to look the exact same, the lady that does our hair asked us if all the girls with their hair up wouldn't mind sleeping in it so it wouldn't take as long the next day.  When we were out to dinner Thursday night (yes, I went in public with that hair do), a lady came up to our table & said that she remembered her mother wearing her hair like that, & said she use to sleep with toilet paper wrapped around it so it wouldn't get messed up.  So that is what I tried:)  No pictures of that;)  It worked pretty well!  I had a lot less to do in the morning, & they had a lot less to do to get me ready. 

Here are some more pics of all the girls:




Make-up & hair ladies...we love them!
How OLD do we look?!!  Thank goodness we have different hairstyles now.  That's why women looked so much older in those days!!  We will for sure be working on the same scenes on Monday, but I think we'll have a whole new look on Tuesday.  I think their gonna try some sort of down hairstyle for me then...thank goodness.  That look is just not working for me;)

There were a bunch of reporters there yesterday to do interviews.  We were sharing the "cooling tent" with them.  The house where they were shooting was too small for everyone, so they put up a tarp to cut the tent in half & just did the interviews in there.  So we got to hear every single word of the interviews of two of the actresses, two producers, & one director one by one.  That was really interesting getting to hear the entire interview, not just the edited one on TV or in a magazine.

Even though the days are so long & we spend a lot of time just waiting, I am truly having a blast.  I absolutely love being with all the other girls, & getting to see the whole process of making a movie is so amazing to me.  It's something I've always been interested in, but never thought I would get a chance to do.

In other news, Reid has to get tubes in his ears:(  I took him for his 15 month check up last week & he had yet another ear infection.  I have an appt. for the consultation next Thursday, & they will probably do the surgery the following Monday.  Thankfully, it worked perfectly with my schedule.  It's definitely not what I wanted to happen, but I know it's for the best.  Between his molars coming in & ear infections, I'm ready for this baby to feel better...& hear a little less whining;)  As for his size, he's doing just fine!  He weighs 29lbs. 8oz (90th %), 34 1/4 in.(>95th %), & 95th% for his head:)

4 comments:

  1. Everyone told me how wonderful tubes were...and I kind of sort of believed them. But I swear...it will be the best thing ever!! Reid will be a whole different little boy in just a few days after!! The only bad part is ear plugs in bath and swimming pool for a long time. But Maggie has gotten used to them pretty quickly. Good Luck!! I want my hair to look like that! Kind of looks like one of my 90's prom do's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, love the hair...you really look so cute! I could never pull that off! :) I just cannot wait to watch you in this movie!! Girl, you are on a serious actress schedule!! SO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair being teased is hilarious! Glad you're having fun!! :) Hope Reid gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your movie updates! I can't wait to see what they're going to have me wearing. I can NOT imagine being as involved as you are. Although I'm sure it will be an experience you'll never forget. I'm just excited about my one day of filming! :)

    ReplyDelete