Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Take 1

Yesterday was crazy.  I am still so tired!  LONG & HOT is one way to describe the day.  The scene we shot was an outdoor baby shower, so there was a lot of sweating going on.  I got there at 5:30, & after filling out paperwork, going through wardrobe, hair & make-up, it was 9:00.  I could have sworn it was like 2:00. They told us not to expect to get done before 7:00!!  There was a lot of waiting around, which I knew to expect.  It really wasn't that bad, though, cause I love all the other girls.  There were a few other extras there that I met as well.  The scene was shot about a block down from the church, which is where we got ready & had lunch, so we all walked over.  We were quite the sight prancing down Grand Blvd. in our 60's attire:)  We went through a few rehearsals & then broke for lunch.  We started the actual filming afterwards...right when it was good & sweltering outside. 

I did get to take a few pictures at the church, since it's not considered "on set".  Get ready.

Alien Head:)

The back

These were the girls at my table at the "baby shower"...minus the one on the far left.

All the "Bridge Club Girls"
 
For some reason, somebody picked me & another girl at my table to be smokers.  At first I didn't think it would be too bad...they are just herbal cigarettes.  But as the hours passed, the "takes" kept coming, & the heat got hotter, I felt like a total SKANK;)  We weren't just sitting there chiefing on them, but we had to re-light one every time we started, & the smell & ashes just started to get to you.  They at least had a "cooling tent" for us to sit in with food & drinks when they weren't using us. 

They told us we were done at 6:00.  I really had a blast, but by that time my feet were killing me, I had been sweating for a good 6 hours, & my breath & hands smelled like an ashtray.  I still had an hour & 45 min. until I could be home.  You should have seen Nick & I trying to brush the "tease" out of my hair.  It took forever. 

I cannot believe I have 10 more days of that.  I'm almost positive that we won't be filming anymore scenes outside, so that will make a huge difference.  It is going to be exhausting, but I know it will be a lot of fun, & I will be so glad I did it in the end.  Now, I think I'm going to take a nap;)

5 comments:

  1. So fun... but I bet you are zapped! You look adorable. LOVE the hair! Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look SO forward to your updates on this! I love it!! What an experience! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You look so cute! Love the hair! I know it must be exhausting, but such a fun experience! I love reading the updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hanging on every word, this is the coolest experience ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should wear your hair like that ALL the time! ;) Hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete