Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

This has been a week, let me tell you.  It's been pretty rough around here with Reid's ears & teeth.  I brought him for his tube consultation on Thursday.  Trying to control a 15 month old in a tiny doctor's office for an hour and a half was a little stressful:)  The Dr. said that he definitely has some hearing loss & his equilibrium is off, so the tubes will definitely correct that.  We have to be there at 6:30 am tomorrow morning.  Please say a prayer for us!!

On to movie news...

There's not too much to report about on Monday.  We had the same looks as here:




We were still working on the same scene as the week before, only we were were actually in the middle of playing Bridge.  The actresses are in the middle of conversation about Skeeter getting a job at the "Jackson Journal".  That was pretty much it.  Of course they shot that conversation from as many different angles as possible, so it took all day.  At the last minute they told us we didn't have to come anymore on Tuesday, so I got to come home that night.

I drove back up there on Thursday night with Anna & Kathryn to stay at Anna's parents house.  I must say that Anna's parents are the most wonderful people.  I am so thankful for them letting us spend so much time at their house.

Friday was the most fun I've had so far.  First, I finally got a new look!!  No more "alien head" or "bee hive".  Now, granted I do look a little like a librarian, but it was nice to have different clothes on.
I forgot to take a picture of the back of my hair, but it was a work of art!

"Bridge Girls", plus Mary in the middle, who is in charge of us

Amy & Mary Taylor

The scene we were doing was "Fall Bridge" at "Elizabeth Leefolt's" house...same house as the previous few scenes.  We are all sitting at our tables (4 to a table) eating, drinking tea, & smoking of course, when "Celia" shows up & rings the doorbell & knocks on the window.  "Celia" is Jessica Chastain.  That was the first day we've seen her...I think she just came to start filming.  "Hilly" jumps up & tells everybody to "GET DOWN!", & all of us bridge club wanches start giggling & hide behind the tables.  I guess because we got to do so much in this scene, that's why it was so much fun.  We did it so many times, & at some point I got the serious giggles, & could not get a hold of myself.  I haven't laughed that much in a really long time.  They had to come touch up our make-up because we were crying!  Lord knows if we'll even be seen in that scene, but just in case, we were doing some serious "acting";)  Also, a new actress in that scene was Ashley Johnson...she played the daughter on "What Women Want", "Annie", & "Growing Pains".  I'm not sure if she has a name in the movie, or if she's just one of Hilly's friends. 

All that laughter was just what I needed after a stressful week!  I felt cured:)

I don't have to go back until Thursday night.  We start filming the "Benefit" scene then.  In fact, that's the scene we will be filming for the next 5 days!  Nick is suppose to make his debut for that;) 

I will update in a few days about Reid's tubes.  Please pray for a smooth operation, a quick recovery, & complete healing in those ears!

2 comments:

  1. Will be praying for Reid! Love this update! Your hair looks so great! Love it! Cannot wait to hear about Nick's debut! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.collegesavingsmississippi.com/
    This is a reminder of what we talked about last night. Call the office and talk to Claire. She knows me and will help you with what ever. You only have today and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete