Total Pageviews

Monday, April 19, 2010

Cookie Recipe & Weekend Recap

I thought I would share this cookie recipe...Oatmeal P.B. Cocolate Chip.  They are actually very nutritious, but I promise they don't taste like it!  I halved the recipe so I wouldn't have too many laying around the house, but here it is unhalved:
  • 1/2 c old fashion oatmeal
  • 1/2 c whole wheat flour
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 1/4 c agave nectar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • 1/2 c skim milk or soy milk
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 c peanut butter/choc swirl morsels
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients until blended well.  Stir in choc. chips.  Use tbsp to scoop out & place on greased baking sheet.  Bake 10-12 min.  Cool on wire rack.


Our weekend was pretty uneventful, which was really nice.  We ate at Beagle Bagel again Sat. morning....hopefully we will make this a tradition.  I love going out to eat for breakfast, but I hate the way I feel for the rest of the day after eating the usual fare.  A good ole toasted bagel with a little cinnamon & sugar cream cheese hits the spot for me without all the guilt. 

When we got back I headed to Maison Weiss (by myself...yay!) to spend the rest of a gift card that I had left over from my birthday (no, Maison Weiss is not a typical place to shop for me;)).  The goal was to not spend any money, just use the rest of the card.  It was extremely difficult in that place, but I was really proud of the outcome.  I left with an adorable blue jean dress, a spring colored tube top to wear under stuff, & this really cool watch thing called Imazine...a negative ion sports watch that is suppose to have all these health benefits.You can go here to look at them...it was only $15 http://www.imazine.co.za/c13/Negative-Ion-Sports-Watch.aspx It is such a treat to get to shop by myself!  Don't get me wrong, I love taking Reid places, especially the grocery store.  We always have fun there,  but the few times I have attempted to clothes shop with him have been a disaster!

Saturday night we cooked out over at Nick's parents house in Brandon.  Reid crawled around on the concrete patio for about 4 hours straight.  Seriously, he never stopped.  We put he & Emory in the pack n' play, but that didn't last too long.  I did get some funny pictures though.




Here are a few more pics from the past week:

He gets so excited every time I turn around in the car & look at him:)


Vince joined us over at the Miller's.  He likes to wait on Nick in the driver's seat when he goes in the store.



Visiting daddy at work




3 comments:

  1. Aw :) He's so precious! And so is Vince. Those cookies sound Dee-vine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Reid get to sample some beer? I saw them sitting by the pack-n-play!!!!!!

    I like that you have the mommy window shields on your car too! I get made fun of for mine. Reid is so cute. I wish that we lived close by and the boys could stir up some trouble together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to know about your blog! I am going to follow ya'll! So fun! Reid is such a little doll! Hope to see ya'll soon!

    ReplyDelete