Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Progress!

We had a major work day yesterday.  I have never worked so much in the yard before in my life!  My parents came early to help, & didn't leave until 7:00.  I couldn't believe how much progress we made.  My dad & Nick took down 4 big trees.  Here's some pictures of a couple of them:




My mom dug up, & re-planted bushes & shrubs, & planted flowers in pots to go on the deck:)


The garbage men are going to HATE us!!


My dad brought my table that I had made.  Apparently, the guy forgot that he said he would stain it for me, & my dad didn't know that was the case when he picked it up, so it came unfinished:(  I am really happy with the design though.  Here is the before picture...I'll post the after when it's completely stained.



Reid did great playing outside while we worked.  He took two really long naps during the day, so that helped too;)



So the back yard is pretty bare now.
 

We found all these great pieces of stone while cleaning up.  Hopefully we can make a nice walkway with them.

Our next step will be to take out all the bushes in the back, level it out with dirt, lay sod, & put up a picket fence.  I'm not counting on this to be complete by Reid's birthday party, but it will definitely look nice & clean.  I don't have any pictures right now, but I bought some new furniture for the screened in porch.  Nick is on the porch right now hooking up a small flat screen that we've been meaning to do for a while now.  We are ready for some parties & cookouts!!  I love getting things accomplished!

I hope everyone has a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment