From my commentary, here are a few things I underlined about sin:
- Unconfessed sin is like a great burden on God's people, weighing them down mentally and emotionally
- The Bible is clear; what a man sows, that he will also reap. If he sows to the flesh, he will reap in the flesh.
- All sin is ultimately against God, even when it is committed against other persons.
- Every sinful attitude, thought, or act...is a direct defiance of God's rule over a person's life, no matter what the sin is, whether large or seemingly small, seen or unseen by human eyes.
- With deep sincerity and godly sorrow, believers must acknowledge their transgressions to the Lord, never presuming upon God's unmerited grace, but humbling themselves in his presence, seeking his forgiveness.
It made me really question & look deep in myself. Is there any unconfessed sin in my life? Am I holding anything back from God? I'm definitely not going through the same things David did, but I don't want to chance it! Today I pray that God would reveal any sin in my life that I may not even be aware of. How aweful it would be to know that my unconfessed sin was withholding God's blessings on my family's lives.
On a completely different note, yesterday was pretty good. Once again, I did not make it to the gym to do weights. Reid was still pretty fussy & whiney, & I just didn't want to drop him off in the nursery for them to take care of him. I did a 45 min. treadmill routine...basically running at different speeds & inclines for 40 min. Eating was good, except after dinner last night, during American Idol, I had a serious craving for something sweet. A pudding was not gonna cut it. My husband tried to get me to go get a "Blast" from Sonic (thanks for the support Nick;)), but I chose a Reese's Egg we had at the house. I was satisfied:)
Now I'm off to put the final coat on my outdoor table! Hopefully I will be done by tomorrow, so I can post a pic.



No comments:
Post a Comment